|Devonport Column is a grade 1 listed monument completed in 1827 to mark the founding of Devonport as a seperate town from Plymouth. It was designed by architect John Foulston as part of the civic re-development centered on Ker Street and adjacent to Devonport Guildhall. Heritage Lottery funding has been obtained to renovate the column with the intention of opening it to the public by October 2012. |
Preston Engineering Survey Ltd were instructed to carry out a full survey of the column, both internally and externally, to produce a full set of elevations, cross section and floor plans, as well as a topographical survey of the whole column site.